This recipe may look a little familiar seeing as how it's been resting in the archives of my site for six years now (well,事实上，I hope the rolls don'tlookfamiliar since the old pictures were very awful and very terrible).
Every time I make these tender buttermilk rolls,我想“gosh,these rolls are good"– that sentiment usually being echoed across the table – which means it was only a matter of time before the post got a little facelift.Now seems appropriate.
The best part?The dough can be refrigerated for up to seven days (not all yeast doughs can survive this way,相信我）一旦从冰箱里取出，形状和烘焙的面包卷就像刚做的一样美味，从开始到结束。
事实上，they might even be a bit tastier after the dough rests in the refrigerator.
酪乳是关键（没有替代品，pretty please,althoughhomemade buttermilkis completely acceptable) – it contributes to the light and tender dough as well as the amazing flavor.
没有什么能比得上枕头，soft dinner roll.Thanksgiving or anytime really.如果有自制的面包卷？我在那儿。
- 3 cups buttermilk at room temperature (hereis a guide for making your own buttermilk)
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 6-7杯面粉，more or less
- In a large bowl or in the bowl of a stand mixer (I only ever use a Bosch,never tried this in a Kitchenaid),mix the buttermilk,3杯面粉和酵母。Cover and let stand at room temperature until puffy and bubbly,2-3 hours.
- 加糖，eggs,salt,oil,and baking soda.Mix well and start adding the remaining flour until a soft dough is formed that clears the sides of the bowl and is smooth without being overly sticky or overflowed.Knead for yabo亚博全站APPabout 7 minutes.
- At this point,you can roll out the dough or cover and refrigerate for up to seven days.如果这样做，place the dough in a large container or bowl as it will expand a bit in the refrigerator.
- 立即使用，shape the dough into rolls: cloverleaf (three balls each yabo亚博全站APPabout 3/4-inch in diameter popped into a greased muffin tin),新月形（将面团分成三分之一，然后将每一部分卷成10或11英寸的圆形，brush with butter and cut into 8 or 12 sections and roll up),classic dinner rolls (yabo亚博全站APPabout 2-3 ounces of dough rolled into a taut ball and placed in a 9X13-inch baking dish or on a large baking sheet).用涂有润滑脂的塑料包装纸覆盖辊，并使其上升至两倍。yabo亚博全站APPabout an hour or so.
- 在375度的温度下烘烤至金黄色，然后烘烤（具体时间取决于形状；对于立体式大约11分钟，yabo亚博全站APPcrescent yabo亚博全站APPabout 15-16 and dinner rolls about 16 or so).
- For refrigerated dough,捏掉所需的数量和形状。If the dough is really cold and hard to work with,let it rest covered at room temp for 30-45 minutes before shaping.
- 一旦成型，cover with greased plastic wrap and let rolls rise until double in size,2-3 hours (dough taken from the refrigerator will take longer to rise since it's been chilled) and bake with the above instructions based on shape.
- 从烤箱里拿出来，涂上黄油，if desired.
I usually don't plan ahead and get the buttermilk out of the refrigerator to come to room temperature so I pour it into a liquid measure and microwave it for 45 seconds (all microwaves will vary a bit) and then give it a good stir to get rid of any warm spots.
就像所有的酵母甜甜圈一样，I never use the flour amount called for in the recipe as a hard fast rule (unless a weight measure is given and then I pull out my kitchen scale).Because humidity,温度，海拔和许多其他因素会影响你的酵母面团需要多少面粉，I always judge when to quit adding flour by the texture and look and feel of the dough rather than how much flour I've added compared to the recipe.Thistutorial on yeastmay help identify how a perfectly floured dough should be.
配方来源：从我姐夫艾琳和她姐姐那里，梅兰妮（是的，it gets a little confusing)