Do you have those yabo亚博体育APPrecipes that are your go-to when you are in a pinch??
Say your husband tells you at 9:00 p.m.that he needs to bring treats into work (hypothetical,of course) or you decide on a whim you need a sweet treat down your gullet NOW and it's 15 below zero and there is two feet of snow on the ground which means you will不be taking a trip to the store for needed ingredients (again,this scenario wouldnever发生在我的北方气候-哈！) or your child comes home and tells you he has something to confess yabo亚博全站APPabout school that may involve his teacher and the principal and perhaps other innocent parties and he knows you won't be happy and you decide you may need to send some instant bribery to the school,immediately,当你的孩子在接下来的18年时间里（真的，as if I'm familiar with that kind of situation,PUH租赁）。
I mean,do you have times like this or am I the only one??
In any case,这些巧克力短面包条是我的短时间内烤好的，几乎任何情况下，需要一个待遇，它很快需要。
I have made them nearly 50 times over the last few years,as far as I can figure,and that's saying a lot when I have so many yabo亚博体育APPrecipes to try that sometimes I lay in bed awake at night stressing yabo亚博全站APPabout how I'll ever have time to try them all (clearly,I have issues).
They call for simple,每天的配料和10分钟的时间放在一起，but the combination results in a fantastically tender,buttery,wonderfully chocolate confection that is just plain awesome.
And I will say this – I've taken a lot of treats places and never been asked for the recipe but no kidding,每次我去酒吧在任何地方,people request,beg and threaten in order to get the recipe.They are that good.
- 2 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 1/2 tablespoons dutch-process or regular unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter,softened
- 1 cup superfine sugar (see note)
- Granulated sugar (for sprinkling)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.用羊皮纸或箔纸将9x13英寸的平底锅排成一行，让羊皮纸或箔纸悬在两面，这样在烘烤和冷却后，可以很容易地把烤盘里的金属条拉出。用烹饪喷雾轻轻涂抹箔或羊皮纸。Set aside.
- 在一个小碗里，whisk together the flour,可可粉，cinnamon,salt and baking soda.将黄油和超细糖放入搅拌碗中，用手持电动搅拌机（或使用电动立式搅拌机）搅拌，直到其变轻、蓬松——3-4分钟。Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the flour mixture.Beat until just combined.
- Spread the dough into the prepared pan,using a spatula or your fingers to even out the surface.Chill the dough for 15 minutes.Prick the dough all over with the tines of a fork and bake for 18-22 minutes.The shortbread will be slightly puffed but still soft.It will firm up as it cools.
- 当面包还是热的时候，cut the baked dough into fingers by cutting down the center the long way and then cutting into 8-10 strips across.Sprinkle the tops of the bars with granulated sugar and let the shortbread cool completely in the pan.Using the parchment or foil overhang,lift the bars from the pan,gently break into pieces (where they are cut) and serve at room temperature.The bars will keep for 2-3 days covered at room temperature.
To make superfine sugar as needed in the recipe,simply blend 1 cup granulated sugar until it is,well,super fine in texture.混合后我不重新测量，I just pour it straight into the dough.